Herman recently talked with ChicagoStorytelling’s Emily Torem, a former Time Out Chicago intern, about how she uses social media and other technology in her job.
About This SiteMike Reilley is a graduate journalism student at DePaul University. This is his blog for Reporting for Converged Newsrooms.
WelcomeThis is Mike Reilley's Online Journalism I website. Follow him on Twitter at @journtoolbox.
Tag Cloud2016 2016 Olympics Alexis Pelayo Ali Trumbull animals Ashley Boll Barack Obama basketball BreakingTweets Cafe Too Caitlin Hacker Camelia Rodriguez Cheryl Waity Chicago Chicago 2016 chicagoist Chicago Public Schools Chicago Sun-Times Chicago Tribune Copenhagen CPS CTA daley plaza DePaul DePaulia DePaul University education El Emily Torem espn Food Gapers Block Governor Pat Quinn Governor Quinn homeless Inspiration Cafe IOC Jake Scott Jessica Ernst journalism Katie Nelson Katie Rosebrock Kevin Dempsey LA times latino Lincoln Park Los Angeles Times Manuel Argueta MAP Grants media music NBA New York City NFL Nico Hagopian Northwestern University O'Hare Olympics pets Pilsen Post by Voice Radio DePaul RedEye Red Line Rio de Janeiro Sachi Yoshitsugu Sam Kraft social media sports sports journalism street vendors StreetWise Twitter Wicker Park windycitizen
- “@Suntimes: 3 killed, 18 wounded in weekend shootings across Chicago. STORY: sun-tim.es/1JpAUQP MAP: sun-tim.es/1B1oqsb” 4 hours ago
- Andersonville Ranks No. 7 in Redfin's Hottest Neighborhoods for 2015 | NBC Chicago nbcchicago.com/blogs/inc-well… 4 hours ago
- Shot in 8mm: Chicagoist Weekend Theater: A Trip Through Chicago In 1969 chicagoist.com/2015/01/18/chi… 6 hours ago
- RT @DNAinfoCHI: Four cops injured in crash with stolen vehicle bit.ly/1JpuL7m 6 hours ago
- Pilsen Parish Finds Culture Integration Difficult
- NBC 5's Jiggetts Finds Stories on the Late Shift
- Chicago's Small Museums Preserve the Passion
- City's Newspaper Hawkers Try to Make Ends Meet
- Chicago Cab Drivers Chase the American Dream
- Chicago's Dumpster-Diving Treasures
- San Jose Obrero Mission Helping Homeless One Person at a Time
- Chicago's Englewood Neighborhood on the Rise
- Flirty Cupcakes Puts Desserts on Wheels in Chicago
- Chicago's Homeless Find Hope -- in the Kitchen
Share This Page
Add This Practice
Share This Site
About This SiteThis is Mike Reilley's page. My other one is at The Red Line Project
Search This Site
- “Chicago Tribune sports changes banner for Ernie Banks: MT @Sherman_Report: Mr. Chicago Sports: Tribune’s tribute: ow.ly/HTP4k” 6 hours ago
- RT @Journalism2ls: Great Tutorial: A step-by-step guide to creating Fusion Tables heat maps by @mututemple mulinblog.com/how-to-create-… http://t.… 15 hours ago
- RT @samkirkland: Two perfect covers from the @Suntimes today on the death of "Mr. Cub" Ernie Banks. #LetsPlayTwo http://t.co/5HhwTM96wR 15 hours ago
WelcomeMy name is Mike Reilley and I'm posting to this blog for the Online Journalism I class that I'm teaching.
Welcome to My SiteMike Reilley teaches journalism at DePaul University. He posts stories and multimedia on this site to train his students.
Welcome to My SiteMy name is Mike Reilley and I blog about Chicago sports on this page. I'm a journalism instructor at DePaul University's College of Communication.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
WelcomeThe site covers news and urban issues in Chicago.