Herman recently talked with ChicagoStorytelling’s Emily Torem, a former Time Out Chicago intern, about how she uses social media and other technology in her job.
About This SiteMike Reilley is a graduate journalism student at DePaul University. This is his blog for Reporting for Converged Newsrooms.
WelcomeThis is Mike Reilley's Online Journalism I website. Follow him on Twitter at @journtoolbox.
Tag Cloud2016 2016 Olympics Alexis Pelayo Ali Trumbull animals Ashley Boll Barack Obama basketball BreakingTweets Cafe Too Caitlin Hacker Camelia Rodriguez Cheryl Waity Chicago Chicago 2016 chicagoist Chicago Public Schools Chicago Sun-Times Chicago Tribune Copenhagen CPS CTA daley plaza DePaul DePaulia DePaul University education El Emily Torem espn Food Gapers Block Governor Pat Quinn Governor Quinn homeless Inspiration Cafe IOC Jake Scott Jessica Ernst journalism Katie Nelson Katie Rosebrock Kevin Dempsey LA times latino Lincoln Park Los Angeles Times Manuel Argueta MAP Grants media music NBA New York City NFL Nico Hagopian Northwestern University O'Hare Olympics pets Pilsen Post by Voice Radio DePaul RedEye Red Line Rio de Janeiro Sachi Yoshitsugu Sam Kraft social media sports sports journalism street vendors StreetWise Twitter Wicker Park windycitizen
- 5 Dead, At Least 20 Wounded in Weekend Violence | NBC Chicago nbcchicago.com/news/local/3-D… 6 days ago
- The Future of Cabrini-Green Site Nearly Finalized - Old Town - DNAinfo.com Chicago dnainfo.com/chicago/201504… 6 days ago
- Good read! twitter.com/vice/status/58… 1 week ago
- RT @redeyechicago: From here on out, we're going to be archiving our front pages right here. trib.in/1aja1S6 We love them. http://t… 2 weeks ago
- NBC 5's Jiggetts Finds Stories on the Late Shift
- Chicago's Small Museums Preserve the Passion
- Lisle's Sacred Heart Monastery Serves Community, Struggles to Survive
- Pilsen Parish Finds Culture Integration Difficult
- Cob Connection Growing Food, Changing Lives
- Chicago Cab Drivers Chase the American Dream
- Chicago Cop Striving to Take Next Step
- CPS Undergoes Budget Cuts as CEO Gets a Raise
- Chicago's Gold Coast a Hot Spot for Yogis
Share This Page
Add This Practice
Share This Site
About This SiteThis is Mike Reilley's page. My other one is at The Red Line Project
Search This Site
- RT @storybench: Want to embed an interactive graph? We took @plotlygraphs for a spin. Check out our How To: storybench.org/how-to-build-a… http://t… 12 hours ago
- RT @PBSIdeaLab: .@bgouldmsu & @journtoolbox will be at our next live #EdShift chat on tech and classrooms. You, too? ow.ly/M3DBd… 12 hours ago
- RT @semrush: The Anatomy Of A Perfect Tweet by @olgasemrush thesocialmediahat.com/blog/ultimate-… #twittermarketing #socialmedia http://t.co/1q86pKvCRI 1 day ago
WelcomeMy name is Mike Reilley and I'm posting to this blog for the Online Journalism I class that I'm teaching.
Welcome to My SiteMike Reilley teaches journalism at DePaul University. He posts stories and multimedia on this site to train his students.
Welcome to My SiteMy name is Mike Reilley and I blog about Chicago sports on this page. I'm a journalism instructor at DePaul University's College of Communication.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
WelcomeThe site covers news and urban issues in Chicago.