Herman recently talked with ChicagoStorytelling’s Emily Torem, a former Time Out Chicago intern, about how she uses social media and other technology in her job.
WelcomeThis is Mike Reilley's Online Journalism I website. Follow him on Twitter at @journtoolbox.
Tag Cloud2016 2016 Olympics Alexis Pelayo Ali Trumbull animals Ashley Boll Barack Obama basketball BreakingTweets Cafe Too Caitlin Hacker Camelia Rodriguez Catherine Durkin Cheryl Waity Chicago Chicago 2016 chicagoist Chicago Public Schools Chicago Sun-Times Chicago Tribune Copenhagen CPS CTA daley plaza DePaul DePaulia DePaul University El Emily Torem espn Food Gapers Block Governor Pat Quinn homeless Inspiration Cafe IOC Jake Scott Jessica Ernst journalism Katie Nelson Katie Rosebrock Kevin Dempsey LA times latino Lauren Howard Lincoln Park Los Angeles Times Manuel Argueta MAP Grants media music NBA New York City NFL Nico Hagopian Northwestern University O'Hare Olympics pets Pilsen Post by Voice Radio DePaul RedEye Red Line Rio de Janeiro Sachi Yoshitsugu Sam Kraft social media sports sports journalism street vendors StreetWise Twitter Wicker Park windycitizen
- Quinn vs. Rauner: How they stack up on #Twitter: ow.ly/AFdh8 #twill 2 hours ago
- #Illinois gubernatorial debates: Storify of media coverage, infographic on how candidates compare on social: ow.ly/AF5pM #twill 2 hours ago
- RT @chicagotribune: Going to the Jackie Robinson West parade today? Here's what you need to know: trib.in/1wBK5dX http://t.co/MEHXXf… 6 hours ago
- RT @SouthportCor: “@DNAinfoCHI: Taco and margarita spot Big Star is expanding dnain.fo/1mP1oyw” 6 hours ago
- NBC 5's Jiggetts Finds Stories on the Late Shift
- Chicago's Vinyl Record Stores Survive CDs, .mP3s
- Women Entrepreneurs Find New Opportunities
- San Jose Obrero Mission Helping Homeless One Person at a Time
- City's Newspaper Hawkers Try to Make Ends Meet
- Luchador Wrestlers Shine After the Sun Sets
- Interview: RedEye's Curt Wagner
- Q&A: Dodai Stewart of Jezebel.com
- Pakistani-Americans Face Identity Crisis in Chicago
- Chicago Has Late-Night Food Options Aplenty
Share This Page
Add This Practice
Share This Site
About This SiteThis is Mike Reilley's page. My other one is at The Red Line Project
Search This Site
- RT @JeremyLittau: Glad @AEJMC president spoke out about #Ferguson and press rights. But again, we need to speak up for citizens jours. http… 25 minutes ago
- @scottleadingham thanks for call! All set for our session. Is the room free prior to our session? 41 minutes ago
- RT @FreeSpeechWeek: A closer look at #Twitter new policy on monitoring posts, and other sticky #FreeSpeech issues in social media: http://t… 43 minutes ago
WelcomeMy name is Mike Reilley and I'm posting to this blog for the Online Journalism I class that I'm teaching.
Welcome to My SiteMike Reilley teaches journalism at DePaul University. He posts stories and multimedia on this site to train his students.
Welcome to My SiteMy name is Mike Reilley and I blog about Chicago sports on this page. I'm a journalism instructor at DePaul University's College of Communication.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets