ChicagoStorytelling’s Kevin Dempsey talked with Washington about her column in the Chicago Sun-Times, how she once resisted the move to blogging, and how reporting fundamentals must still drive good journalism, regardless of the platform.
WelcomeThis is Mike Reilley's Online Journalism I website. Follow him on Twitter at @journtoolbox.
Tag Cloud2016 2016 Olympics Alexis Pelayo Ali Trumbull animals Ashley Boll Barack Obama basketball BreakingTweets Cafe Too Caitlin Hacker Camelia Rodriguez Catherine Durkin Cheryl Waity Chicago Chicago 2016 chicagoist Chicago Public Schools Chicago Sun-Times Chicago Tribune Copenhagen CPS CTA daley plaza DePaul DePaulia DePaul University El Emily Torem espn Food Gapers Block Governor Pat Quinn homeless Inspiration Cafe IOC Jake Scott Jessica Ernst journalism Katie Nelson Katie Rosebrock Kevin Dempsey LA times latino Lauren Howard Lincoln Park Los Angeles Times Manuel Argueta MAP Grants media music NBA New York City NFL Nico Hagopian Northwestern University O'Hare Olympics pets Pilsen Post by Voice Radio DePaul RedEye Red Line Rio de Janeiro Sachi Yoshitsugu Sam Kraft social media sports sports journalism street vendors StreetWise Twitter Wicker Park windycitizen
- “@CSNChicago: Despite another long layoff, Derrick Rose's confidence is as high as ever: bit.ly/1xrtN2z http://t.co/CuypWR4Nne” 2 hours ago
- Check out where #Chicago's public #art is located with this interactive #map: bit.ly/1jiFN38 4 hours ago
- @CWBChicago @NoelAmadeus Good call, one too many zeros! 4 hours ago
- #OkCupid admits to facebook-style experimenting on users: vox.com/2014/7/28/5944… via @voxdotcom 4 hours ago
- Pilsen Parish Finds Culture Integration Difficult
- NBC 5's Jiggetts Finds Stories on the Late Shift
- Q&A: Craig Kanalley of BreakingTweets.com
- Luchador Wrestlers Shine After the Sun Sets
- Lisle's Sacred Heart Monastery Serves Community, Struggles to Survive
- Chicago's Vinyl Record Stores Survive CDs, .mP3s
- Chicago's Small Museums Preserve the Passion
- Their Native Chicago: The American Indian Center of Chicago Keeps Culture and Traditions Alive
- Chicago Has Late-Night Food Options Aplenty
Share This Page
Add This Practice
Share This Site
About This SiteThis is Mike Reilley's page. My other one is at The Red Line Project
Search This Site
- RT @burtherman: I have a feeling this might take off … justleak.it 3 hours ago
- RT @EricaCorder: .@shawnmcintosh names @spj_tweets @CIRonline @IRE_NICAR @Watchdogorg and @ProPublica as best resources for reporters/inves… 7 hours ago
- RT @PBSMediaShift: Join us Tues (7/29) for a new #EdShift chat abt data visualization. Tips from @MacDiva @albertocairo & more! http://t.co… 7 hours ago
WelcomeMy name is Mike Reilley and I'm posting to this blog for the Online Journalism I class that I'm teaching.
Welcome to My SiteMike Reilley teaches journalism at DePaul University. He posts stories and multimedia on this site to train his students.
Welcome to My SiteMy name is Mike Reilley and I blog about Chicago sports on this page. I'm a journalism instructor at DePaul University's College of Communication.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets