ChicagoStorytelling’s Kevin Dempsey talked with Washington about her column in the Chicago Sun-Times, how she once resisted the move to blogging, and how reporting fundamentals must still drive good journalism, regardless of the platform.
WelcomeThis is Mike Reilley's Online Journalism I website. Follow him on Twitter at @journtoolbox.
Tag Cloud2016 2016 Olympics Alexis Pelayo Ali Trumbull animals Ashley Boll Barack Obama basketball BreakingTweets Cafe Too Caitlin Hacker Camelia Rodriguez Catherine Durkin Cheryl Waity Chicago Chicago 2016 chicagoist Chicago Public Schools Chicago Sun-Times Chicago Tribune Copenhagen CPS CTA daley plaza DePaul DePaulia DePaul University El Emily Torem espn Food Gapers Block Governor Pat Quinn homeless Inspiration Cafe IOC Jake Scott Jessica Ernst journalism Katie Nelson Katie Rosebrock Kevin Dempsey LA times latino Lauren Howard Lincoln Park Los Angeles Times Manuel Argueta MAP Grants media music NBA New York City NFL Nico Hagopian Northwestern University O'Hare Olympics pets Pilsen Post by Voice Radio DePaul RedEye Red Line Rio de Janeiro Sachi Yoshitsugu Sam Kraft social media sports sports journalism street vendors StreetWise Twitter Wicker Park windycitizen
- Today's Four @ 4 news updates: #CTA plans Red Line bypass overhaul, Jabari Parker heads to the #NBA and more: bit.ly/1d1lsIS #four4 35 minutes ago
- @ChiTownSports Good to know. Thanks! 2 hours ago
- RT @Suntimes: Congrats @photojeskos, Peter Holderness, who won @spj_tweets Sigma Delta Chi award for video: suntm.es/10ZXvPN https://… 2 hours ago
- @ChiTownSports I haven't seen anything mentioned, but we'll keep an eye out for it and let you know. What issues you see with the stop? 2 hours ago
- NBC 5's Jiggetts Finds Stories on the Late Shift
- Pakistani-Americans Face Identity Crisis in Chicago
- Pilsen Parish Finds Culture Integration Difficult
- Chicago's Vinyl Record Stores Survive CDs, .mP3s
- Lisle's Sacred Heart Monastery Serves Community, Struggles to Survive
- Their Native Chicago: The American Indian Center of Chicago Keeps Culture and Traditions Alive
- Wicker Park Boutiques Evolving with the Economy
- Chicago's Late-Night Restaurants Bring the Flavor
- Q&A: Dodai Stewart of Jezebel.com
- San Jose Obrero Mission Helping Homeless One Person at a Time
Share This Page
Add This Practice
Share This Site
About This SiteThis is Mike Reilley's page. My other one is at The Red Line Project
Search This Site
WelcomeMy name is Mike Reilley and I'm posting to this blog for the Online Journalism I class that I'm teaching.
Welcome to My SiteMike Reilley teaches journalism at DePaul University. He posts stories and multimedia on this site to train his students.
Welcome to My SiteMy name is Mike Reilley and I blog about Chicago sports on this page. I'm a journalism instructor at DePaul University's College of Communication.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets