ChicagoStorytelling’s Kevin Dempsey talked with Washington about her column in the Chicago Sun-Times, how she once resisted the move to blogging, and how reporting fundamentals must still drive good journalism, regardless of the platform.
About This SiteMike Reilley is a graduate journalism student at DePaul University. This is his blog for Reporting for Converged Newsrooms.
WelcomeThis is Mike Reilley's Online Journalism I website. Follow him on Twitter at @journtoolbox.
Tag Cloud2016 2016 Olympics Alexis Pelayo Ali Trumbull animals Ashley Boll Barack Obama basketball BreakingTweets Cafe Too Caitlin Hacker Camelia Rodriguez Cheryl Waity Chicago Chicago 2016 chicagoist Chicago Public Schools Chicago Sun-Times Chicago Tribune Copenhagen CPS CTA daley plaza DePaul DePaulia DePaul University education El Emily Torem espn Food Gapers Block Governor Pat Quinn Governor Quinn homeless Inspiration Cafe IOC Jake Scott Jessica Ernst journalism Katie Nelson Katie Rosebrock Kevin Dempsey LA times latino Lincoln Park Los Angeles Times Manuel Argueta MAP Grants media music NBA New York City NFL Nico Hagopian Northwestern University O'Hare Olympics pets Pilsen Post by Voice Radio DePaul RedEye Red Line Rio de Janeiro Sachi Yoshitsugu Sam Kraft social media sports sports journalism street vendors StreetWise Twitter Wicker Park windycitizen
- Our photo archive of broken #Chicago sidewalks continues to grow: chicagostumbler.tumblr.com/archive http://t.co/535HShV5SF 8 hours ago
- Photo: Bryn Mawr Stop: You can find this chipped, chunky piece of sidewalk off the intersection of North... tmblr.co/Z65shs1S9YX5r 9 hours ago
- Photo: Bryn Mawr Stop: You can find this uneven sidewalk—which isn’t very wheelchair- and... tmblr.co/Z65shs1S9Y9Z_ 9 hours ago
- RT @chicagotribune: Aurora releases audio from FAA radar facility fire 911 call trib.in/1uCHn6l http://t.co/1KRUrwhwxh 11 hours ago
- Luchador Wrestlers Shine After the Sun Sets
- Lisle's Sacred Heart Monastery Serves Community, Struggles to Survive
- Pilsen Parish Finds Culture Integration Difficult
- Chicago's Late-Night Restaurants Bring the Flavor
- Chicago's Dumpster-Diving Treasures
- Eastern Medicine Gives Chicagoans an Alternative
- Chicago's Gold Coast a Hot Spot for Yogis
- Overnight Shift Fits Some at CME Just Fine
- The Bike Lane Gives Chicago Cyclists New Services
- Pilsen, Melrose Park Receiving a Housing Boost Through Neighborhood Stabilization Program
Share This Page
Add This Practice
Share This Site
About This SiteThis is Mike Reilley's page. My other one is at The Red Line Project
Search This Site
WelcomeMy name is Mike Reilley and I'm posting to this blog for the Online Journalism I class that I'm teaching.
Welcome to My SiteMike Reilley teaches journalism at DePaul University. He posts stories and multimedia on this site to train his students.
Welcome to My SiteMy name is Mike Reilley and I blog about Chicago sports on this page. I'm a journalism instructor at DePaul University's College of Communication.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
WelcomeThe site covers news and urban issues in Chicago.