WelcomeThis is Mike Reilley's Online Journalism I website. Follow him on Twitter at @journtoolbox.
Tag Cloud2016 2016 Olympics Alexis Pelayo Ali Trumbull animals Ashley Boll Barack Obama basketball BreakingTweets Cafe Too Caitlin Hacker Camelia Rodriguez Catherine Durkin Cheryl Waity Chicago Chicago 2016 chicagoist Chicago Public Schools Chicago Sun-Times Chicago Tribune Copenhagen CPS CTA daley plaza DePaul DePaulia DePaul University El Emily Torem espn Food Gapers Block Governor Pat Quinn homeless Inspiration Cafe IOC Jake Scott Jessica Ernst journalism Katie Nelson Katie Rosebrock Kevin Dempsey LA times latino Lauren Howard Lincoln Park Los Angeles Times Manuel Argueta MAP Grants media music NBA New York City NFL Nico Hagopian Northwestern University O'Hare Olympics pets Pilsen Post by Voice Radio DePaul RedEye Red Line Rio de Janeiro Sachi Yoshitsugu Sam Kraft social media sports sports journalism street vendors StreetWise Twitter Wicker Park windycitizen
- Updated @Storify coverage of #Chicago gun violence, Labor Day Weekend: bit.ly/1nyGqbw 9 hours ago
- Storify coverage of #Chicago weekend shootings, homicides: bit.ly/1nyGqbw #gunviolence 19 hours ago
- Updated @Storify coverage of #Chicago shootings, homicides: bit.ly/1nyGqbw #gunviolence 1 day ago
- @craigrwall You've been quoted in my #Storify story "Chicago Shootings and Homicides" sfy.co/pTHf 1 day ago
- Chicago Has Late-Night Food Options Aplenty
- Night Crew Keeps O'Hare Runways Safe
- Pilsen Parish Finds Culture Integration Difficult
- Interview: Garrett Popcorn's Alecia Dantico
- NBC 5's Jiggetts Finds Stories on the Late Shift
- Interview: Rob Peterson, AOL Fanhouse
- Chicago's Small Museums Preserve the Passion
- Lisle's Sacred Heart Monastery Serves Community, Struggles to Survive
- Healy Balances Philanthropy by Day, Job by Night
Share This Page
Add This Practice
Share This Site
About This SiteThis is Mike Reilley's page. My other one is at The Red Line Project
Search This Site
- “@PBSMediaShift: "The best journalists (and educators and students) never stop learning." @vkrueger ow.ly/ARxHD #EdShift” 1 day ago
- Join @SPJONAdepaul for its Free Speech Wall presentation at #EIJ14 on Friday, Sept. 5 at 12:30. Learn how to do one: ow.ly/AuADG 1 day ago
- J-Profs: Some #Ferguson links and resources you can use in class: ow.ly/AF9JS 1 day ago
WelcomeMy name is Mike Reilley and I'm posting to this blog for the Online Journalism I class that I'm teaching.
Welcome to My SiteMike Reilley teaches journalism at DePaul University. He posts stories and multimedia on this site to train his students.
Welcome to My SiteMy name is Mike Reilley and I blog about Chicago sports on this page. I'm a journalism instructor at DePaul University's College of Communication.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Chicago
My Storify summary on breaking NATO news in the Windy City.
Audio Slideshow: Visit the mission and hear the stories of those staying there.
By Fatimah Salami and Amber Tweedie
After being turned away from several homeless shelters for not fitting their criteria, 20-year-old Alex Samuelson sought out one more place where he hoped to temporarily call home, San Jose Obrero Mission.
San Jose Obrero is a Latino male homeless shelter in East Pilsen that finally gave Alex a place to lay his head and opportunities to rebuild his life.
“Everybody is equal here,” said Samuelson. “We’re all in the same boat. Just because you speak one language or both languages or just because you’re one color it doesn’t matter here. We’re all brothers here.”
San Jose Obrero began as an organization by Friar David Staszak in 1981 as a way to fight homelessness in Chicago’s Pilsen neighborhood.
Interactive Map: For locations of San jose Obrero missions in Chicago, visit this map