WelcomeThis is Mike Reilley's Online Journalism I website. Follow him on Twitter at @journtoolbox.
Tag Cloud2016 2016 Olympics Alexis Pelayo Ali Trumbull animals Ashley Boll Barack Obama basketball BreakingTweets Cafe Too Caitlin Hacker Camelia Rodriguez Catherine Durkin Cheryl Waity Chicago Chicago 2016 chicagoist Chicago Public Schools Chicago Sun-Times Chicago Tribune Copenhagen CPS CTA daley plaza DePaul DePaulia DePaul University El Emily Torem espn Food Gapers Block Governor Pat Quinn homeless Inspiration Cafe IOC Jake Scott Jessica Ernst journalism Katie Nelson Katie Rosebrock Kevin Dempsey LA times latino Lauren Howard Lincoln Park Los Angeles Times Manuel Argueta MAP Grants media music NBA New York City NFL Nico Hagopian Northwestern University O'Hare Olympics pets Pilsen Post by Voice Radio DePaul RedEye Red Line Rio de Janeiro Sachi Yoshitsugu Sam Kraft social media sports sports journalism street vendors StreetWise Twitter Wicker Park windycitizen
- What Gov. Quinn had to say about education during his first Twitter chat: redlineproject.org/election2014de… http://t.co/WGamPMnHMW 26 minutes ago
- Roundup of #Chicago weekend shootings and homicides: redlineproject.org/gunviolencesto… http://t.co/U2yHWUpmxR 30 minutes ago
- ICYMI: Roundup of last week's Four @ 4 updates: redlineproject.org/fouratfour.php http://t.co/4z4CmEitIv 31 minutes ago
- Election 2014 preview guide: Campaign finance, voter turnout and more. redlineproject.org/election2014gu… http://t.co/81YrXrPNQU 31 minutes ago
- NBC 5's Jiggetts Finds Stories on the Late Shift
- Pilsen Parish Finds Culture Integration Difficult
- Night Crew Keeps O'Hare Runways Safe
- Chicago's Gold Coast a Hot Spot for Yogis
- Chicago Has Late-Night Food Options Aplenty
- Chicago's Englewood Neighborhood on the Rise
- The Globe Pub Brings Soccer World to Chicago
- Interview: Jeff Dickerson of ESPNChicago.com
Share This Page
Add This Practice
Share This Site
About This SiteThis is Mike Reilley's page. My other one is at The Red Line Project
Search This Site
- 34 photo and video apps for journalists. cc: #dpumojo ow.ly/BJUzj 1 hour ago
- RT @Journalism2ls: Twitter releases handbook for politicians & gov. officials. Also interesting for journalists: buff.ly/1sPjJOi htt… 1 hour ago
- RT @anne_bergen: Differences btw. annotation, narrative, & storytelling in infographics & #dataviz thefunctionalart.com/2014/04/annota… - more: http://t.… 1 hour ago
WelcomeMy name is Mike Reilley and I'm posting to this blog for the Online Journalism I class that I'm teaching.
Welcome to My SiteMike Reilley teaches journalism at DePaul University. He posts stories and multimedia on this site to train his students.
Welcome to My SiteMy name is Mike Reilley and I blog about Chicago sports on this page. I'm a journalism instructor at DePaul University's College of Communication.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
WelcomeThe site covers news and urban issues in Chicago.
Tag Archives: Chicago
My Storify summary on breaking NATO news in the Windy City.
Audio Slideshow: Visit the mission and hear the stories of those staying there.
By Fatimah Salami and Amber Tweedie
After being turned away from several homeless shelters for not fitting their criteria, 20-year-old Alex Samuelson sought out one more place where he hoped to temporarily call home, San Jose Obrero Mission.
San Jose Obrero is a Latino male homeless shelter in East Pilsen that finally gave Alex a place to lay his head and opportunities to rebuild his life.
“Everybody is equal here,” said Samuelson. “We’re all in the same boat. Just because you speak one language or both languages or just because you’re one color it doesn’t matter here. We’re all brothers here.”
San Jose Obrero began as an organization by Friar David Staszak in 1981 as a way to fight homelessness in Chicago’s Pilsen neighborhood.
Interactive Map: For locations of San jose Obrero missions in Chicago, visit this map