WelcomeThis is Mike Reilley's Online Journalism I website. Follow him on Twitter at @journtoolbox.
Tag Cloud2016 2016 Olympics Alexis Pelayo Ali Trumbull animals Ashley Boll Barack Obama basketball BreakingTweets Cafe Too Caitlin Hacker Camelia Rodriguez Catherine Durkin Cheryl Waity Chicago Chicago 2016 chicagoist Chicago Public Schools Chicago Sun-Times Chicago Tribune Copenhagen CPS CTA daley plaza DePaul DePaulia DePaul University El Emily Torem espn Food Gapers Block Governor Pat Quinn homeless Inspiration Cafe IOC Jake Scott Jessica Ernst journalism Katie Nelson Katie Rosebrock Kevin Dempsey LA times latino Lauren Howard Lincoln Park Los Angeles Times Manuel Argueta MAP Grants media music NBA New York City NFL Nico Hagopian Northwestern University O'Hare Olympics pets Pilsen Post by Voice Radio DePaul RedEye Red Line Rio de Janeiro Sachi Yoshitsugu Sam Kraft social media sports sports journalism street vendors StreetWise Twitter Wicker Park windycitizen
- RT @fox32news: CTA SAFETY: Extra patrols, security cameras cited for decrease in CTA crime bit.ly/1rAGx57 @AnitaPadilla32 http://t.… 28 minutes ago
- “@CSNChicago: Despite another long layoff, Derrick Rose's confidence is as high as ever: bit.ly/1xrtN2z http://t.co/CuypWR4Nne” 12 hours ago
- Check out where #Chicago's public #art is located with this interactive #map: bit.ly/1jiFN38 14 hours ago
- @CWBChicago @NoelAmadeus Good call, one too many zeros! 14 hours ago
- NBC 5's Jiggetts Finds Stories on the Late Shift
- Felony Franks Gives Ex-Cons Second Chance
- Pilsen Parish Finds Culture Integration Difficult
- Chicago's Vinyl Record Stores Survive CDs, .mP3s
- Luchador Wrestlers Shine After the Sun Sets
- Q&A: Craig Kanalley of BreakingTweets.com
- Pakistani-Americans Face Identity Crisis in Chicago
- Chicago Has Late-Night Food Options Aplenty
Share This Page
Add This Practice
Share This Site
About This SiteThis is Mike Reilley's page. My other one is at The Red Line Project
Search This Site
- RT @springer: Come join the Social Team at @ABC News! We're hiring a Social Media Editor for @GMA: bit.ly/1nzYIIU - @TWDCjobs @Disn… 1 hour ago
- RT @burtherman: I have a feeling this might take off … justleak.it 13 hours ago
- RT @EricaCorder: .@shawnmcintosh names @spj_tweets @CIRonline @IRE_NICAR @Watchdogorg and @ProPublica as best resources for reporters/inves… 17 hours ago
WelcomeMy name is Mike Reilley and I'm posting to this blog for the Online Journalism I class that I'm teaching.
Welcome to My SiteMike Reilley teaches journalism at DePaul University. He posts stories and multimedia on this site to train his students.
Welcome to My SiteMy name is Mike Reilley and I blog about Chicago sports on this page. I'm a journalism instructor at DePaul University's College of Communication.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: soccer
By Cassandra Bowman, Andrew Fleury and Jillian Wolande
Roaring fans sit at the front while cheering on the Blackhawks as they sip their Carlsberg beer surrounded by the sound of five other televisions playing a soccer game from half way across the world. This is a typical scenario at The Globe Pub, a soccer bar located at 1934 W. Irving Park Road.
The Globe Pub can have people that live two blocks away and someone who lives 1,000 miles away sitting at its bar.
The Globe Pub regulars are both American and from various countries, according to Aubrey Miller, The Globe Pub manager.
“You can see the whole crowd speaking different languages,” Patrick Stanton said, a Globe Pub employee.