About This SiteMike Reilley is a graduate journalism student at DePaul University. This is his blog for Reporting for Converged Newsrooms.
WelcomeThis is Mike Reilley's Online Journalism I website. Follow him on Twitter at @journtoolbox.
Tag Cloud2016 2016 Olympics Alexis Pelayo Ali Trumbull animals Ashley Boll Barack Obama basketball BreakingTweets Cafe Too Caitlin Hacker Camelia Rodriguez Cheryl Waity Chicago Chicago 2016 chicagoist Chicago Public Schools Chicago Sun-Times Chicago Tribune Copenhagen CPS CTA daley plaza DePaul DePaulia DePaul University education El Emily Torem espn Food Gapers Block Governor Pat Quinn Governor Quinn homeless Inspiration Cafe IOC Jake Scott Jessica Ernst journalism Katie Nelson Katie Rosebrock Kevin Dempsey LA times latino Lincoln Park Los Angeles Times Manuel Argueta MAP Grants media music NBA New York City NFL Nico Hagopian Northwestern University O'Hare Olympics pets Pilsen Post by Voice Radio DePaul RedEye Red Line Rio de Janeiro Sachi Yoshitsugu Sam Kraft social media sports sports journalism street vendors StreetWise Twitter Wicker Park windycitizen
- CTA Winter Weather Service Update transitchicago.com/blizzard/ 26 minutes ago
- “@TrendsChicago: #blizzardbooze is now trending in #Chicago trendsmap.com/us/chicago” 2 hours ago
- Is #rahm getting your street plowed? Use the ClearStreets plow tracker to check: ow.ly/Iieop 3 hours ago
- Stories, video, photo slideshows and more of the #blizzard of 2011 ow.ly/IidXU #chicago #snowpocalypse 4 hours ago
- NBC 5's Jiggetts Finds Stories on the Late Shift
- Chicago's Latino Street Vendors Seek Justice
- Pilsen Parish Finds Culture Integration Difficult
- Chicago's Overnight Radio: Who's Listening?
- Chicago's Vinyl Record Stores Survive CDs, .mP3s
- Women Entrepreneurs Find New Opportunities
- Slam Poetry: A Blue-Collar Chicago Movement
- Healy Balances Philanthropy by Day, Job by Night
- City's Newspaper Hawkers Try to Make Ends Meet
- Felony Franks Gives Ex-Cons Second Chance
Share This Page
Add This Practice
Share This Site
About This SiteThis is Mike Reilley's page. My other one is at The Red Line Project
Search This Site
WelcomeMy name is Mike Reilley and I'm posting to this blog for the Online Journalism I class that I'm teaching.
Welcome to My SiteMike Reilley teaches journalism at DePaul University. He posts stories and multimedia on this site to train his students.
Welcome to My SiteMy name is Mike Reilley and I blog about Chicago sports on this page. I'm a journalism instructor at DePaul University's College of Communication.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
WelcomeThe site covers news and urban issues in Chicago.
Tag Archives: soccer
By Cassandra Bowman, Andrew Fleury and Jillian Wolande
Roaring fans sit at the front while cheering on the Blackhawks as they sip their Carlsberg beer surrounded by the sound of five other televisions playing a soccer game from half way across the world. This is a typical scenario at The Globe Pub, a soccer bar located at 1934 W. Irving Park Road.
The Globe Pub can have people that live two blocks away and someone who lives 1,000 miles away sitting at its bar.
The Globe Pub regulars are both American and from various countries, according to Aubrey Miller, The Globe Pub manager.
“You can see the whole crowd speaking different languages,” Patrick Stanton said, a Globe Pub employee.