WelcomeThis is Mike Reilley's Online Journalism I website. Follow him on Twitter at @journtoolbox.
Tag Cloud2016 2016 Olympics Alexis Pelayo Ali Trumbull animals Ashley Boll Barack Obama basketball BreakingTweets Cafe Too Caitlin Hacker Camelia Rodriguez Catherine Durkin Cheryl Waity Chicago Chicago 2016 chicagoist Chicago Public Schools Chicago Sun-Times Chicago Tribune Copenhagen CPS CTA daley plaza DePaul DePaulia DePaul University El Emily Torem espn Food Gapers Block Governor Pat Quinn homeless Inspiration Cafe IOC Jake Scott Jessica Ernst journalism Katie Nelson Katie Rosebrock Kevin Dempsey LA times latino Lauren Howard Lincoln Park Los Angeles Times Manuel Argueta MAP Grants media music NBA New York City NFL Nico Hagopian Northwestern University O'Hare Olympics pets Pilsen Post by Voice Radio DePaul RedEye Red Line Rio de Janeiro Sachi Yoshitsugu Sam Kraft social media sports sports journalism street vendors StreetWise Twitter Wicker Park windycitizen
- RT @nbcchicago: Body pulled from Chicago River in Streeterville nbcchi.com/WE8kcyY 2 hours ago
- RT @sfornek: Dick Durbin on Jim Oberweis, Eric Cantor, Michelle Obama & Barack Obama H.S. @natashakorecki's revealing sitdown. http://t.co/… 2 hours ago
- What Gov. Quinn had to say about education during his first Twitter chat: redlineproject.org/election2014de… http://t.co/WGamPMnHMW 4 hours ago
- Roundup of #Chicago weekend shootings and homicides: redlineproject.org/gunviolencesto… http://t.co/U2yHWUpmxR 4 hours ago
- Pilsen Parish Finds Culture Integration Difficult
- NBC 5's Jiggetts Finds Stories on the Late Shift
- Night Crew Keeps O'Hare Runways Safe
- Chicago Has Late-Night Food Options Aplenty
- Chicago's Gold Coast a Hot Spot for Yogis
- Lisle's Sacred Heart Monastery Serves Community, Struggles to Survive
- Chicago's Englewood Neighborhood on the Rise
- The Globe Pub Brings Soccer World to Chicago
- Interview: Jeff Dickerson of ESPNChicago.com
Share This Page
Add This Practice
Share This Site
About This SiteThis is Mike Reilley's page. My other one is at The Red Line Project
Search This Site
- RT @Journalism2ls: As always, great selection of tools & resources: @journtoolbox's Toolbox Update Sept 21, 2014 journaliststoolbox.org htt… 2 hours ago
- RT @EvaRuth: well, that was a fun morning. now back to you, homework. #toohottorun 3 hours ago
- 34 photo and video apps for journalists. cc: #dpumojo ow.ly/BJUzj 5 hours ago
WelcomeMy name is Mike Reilley and I'm posting to this blog for the Online Journalism I class that I'm teaching.
Welcome to My SiteMike Reilley teaches journalism at DePaul University. He posts stories and multimedia on this site to train his students.
Welcome to My SiteMy name is Mike Reilley and I blog about Chicago sports on this page. I'm a journalism instructor at DePaul University's College of Communication.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
WelcomeThe site covers news and urban issues in Chicago.
Tag Archives: soccer
By Cassandra Bowman, Andrew Fleury and Jillian Wolande
Roaring fans sit at the front while cheering on the Blackhawks as they sip their Carlsberg beer surrounded by the sound of five other televisions playing a soccer game from half way across the world. This is a typical scenario at The Globe Pub, a soccer bar located at 1934 W. Irving Park Road.
The Globe Pub can have people that live two blocks away and someone who lives 1,000 miles away sitting at its bar.
The Globe Pub regulars are both American and from various countries, according to Aubrey Miller, The Globe Pub manager.
“You can see the whole crowd speaking different languages,” Patrick Stanton said, a Globe Pub employee.