WelcomeThis is Mike Reilley's Online Journalism I website. Follow him on Twitter at @journtoolbox.
Tag Cloud2016 2016 Olympics Alexis Pelayo Ali Trumbull animals Ashley Boll Barack Obama basketball BreakingTweets Cafe Too Caitlin Hacker Camelia Rodriguez Catherine Durkin Cheryl Waity Chicago Chicago 2016 chicagoist Chicago Public Schools Chicago Sun-Times Chicago Tribune Copenhagen CPS CTA daley plaza DePaul DePaulia DePaul University El Emily Torem espn Food Gapers Block Governor Pat Quinn homeless Inspiration Cafe IOC Jake Scott Jessica Ernst journalism Katie Nelson Katie Rosebrock Kevin Dempsey LA times latino Lauren Howard Lincoln Park Los Angeles Times Manuel Argueta MAP Grants media music NBA New York City NFL Nico Hagopian Northwestern University O'Hare Olympics pets Pilsen Post by Voice Radio DePaul RedEye Red Line Rio de Janeiro Sachi Yoshitsugu Sam Kraft social media sports sports journalism street vendors StreetWise Twitter Wicker Park windycitizen
- New Avondale book investigates neighborhood that "built Chicago." via @dnainfochi dnainfo.com/chicago/201407… 1 hour ago
- RT @Suntimes: The shooter knew his rival wasn’t in the crowd, but fired anyway, striking 11-year-old Shamiya Adams: prosecutors. http://t.c… 2 hours ago
- RT @adamjahns: Rookie CB Kyle Fuller has big day at #Bears training camp. Full story/comments from him: voices.suntimes.com/sports/inside-… 2 hours ago
- RT @ilpoliski: CPS creative-accounting maneuver would make Wall Street proud. goo.gl/qnoSwl #CPS #Chicago 2 hours ago
- NBC 5's Jiggetts Finds Stories on the Late Shift
- Pilsen's Mexican-Americans Are Facing Challenges With Economy, Gaining U.S. Citizenship
- The Resurrection Project Expanding to Melrose Park
- Felony Franks Gives Ex-Cons Second Chance
- Pakistani-Americans Face Identity Crisis in Chicago
- Eastern Medicine Gives Chicagoans an Alternative
- Q&A: Dodai Stewart of Jezebel.com
- Night Crew Keeps O'Hare Runways Safe
- Chicago Cop Striving to Take Next Step
Share This Page
Add This Practice
Share This Site
About This SiteThis is Mike Reilley's page. My other one is at The Red Line Project
Search This Site
WelcomeMy name is Mike Reilley and I'm posting to this blog for the Online Journalism I class that I'm teaching.
Welcome to My SiteMike Reilley teaches journalism at DePaul University. He posts stories and multimedia on this site to train his students.
Welcome to My SiteMy name is Mike Reilley and I blog about Chicago sports on this page. I'm a journalism instructor at DePaul University's College of Communication.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: soccer
By Cassandra Bowman, Andrew Fleury and Jillian Wolande
Roaring fans sit at the front while cheering on the Blackhawks as they sip their Carlsberg beer surrounded by the sound of five other televisions playing a soccer game from half way across the world. This is a typical scenario at The Globe Pub, a soccer bar located at 1934 W. Irving Park Road.
The Globe Pub can have people that live two blocks away and someone who lives 1,000 miles away sitting at its bar.
The Globe Pub regulars are both American and from various countries, according to Aubrey Miller, The Globe Pub manager.
“You can see the whole crowd speaking different languages,” Patrick Stanton said, a Globe Pub employee.